
This sphynx is next to a obeliesk along the Thames River. There is one other obleisk (its twin) from Egypt in Central Park. They were originally in Ob - there is a legend that this is where Mary and Joseph fled with the baby Jesus and if so, they would have seen this big obliesk. So I guess the sphynx isn't very important, but my obliesk (sp?) picture isn't very cool.

This picture is in front of Sommerset house which was a palace for many of England's royalty at some point or another. Now it houses an art gallery and King's College.

This is just a random picture of a street near the Theatre sector. I think its a restaurant, but isn't it beautiful with all the flowers along the wall?
This is in Covent Garden, right in front of St. Paul's Cathedral (not the famous one - one decorated with plaques and graves of British actors and actresses). This actual facade is where the flower scene in "My Fair Lady" was filmed. Megs, do you remember eating lunch here one day? Right in front of here is a big open area where street performers set up their acts and then behind where I'm standing are rows of small shops and booths. Meg- this is the place we were trying to remember the other day.
When we quit our walks we went and bought tickets for tomorrow- Mozart's "Requiem" at St. Martin's in the Fields. Then we headed home for some reading and dinner. After dinner a group of us headed out to see our first play, "The Woman in Black". The pamphlet claimed it would be the most bone-chilling show you'd ever see. Some kids thought it was a bit cheesy, most loved it, and I was SCARED TO DEATH!!!! I had to sit on my hands to prevent myself from reaching out and grabbing on the the kid next to me. I probably provided comic relief to the people on my row (which by the way was the very back row, but not bad).
Adrianne and I imitating the mysterious poster behind us.

Scary faces? Just preparing ourselves to be "bone-chilled".

The Woman in Black
Can't you just feel the anticipation?
Well, I have so much reading left to do. I'm already behind and we haven't even had our first day of class, which by the way is tomorrow... yes, on a Saturday. Oh well.
1 comment:
Cam,
I'm so impressed by your diligence to your blog. Sounds like you're already having a great time. Please think of me while you're doing something cool - I'd love to be there one day! By the way, nice photos of you and Bret in front of the temple...does this have any sort of significance? Love ya,
Suz
Post a Comment