Sunday again! After today there is only one more Sunday before I go home! That's happy and sad news at the same time. I've been so eager to home, but the closer it gets the more I realize how sad I'll be to leave. This place has won a place in my heart, and while I can't wait to trade the rain and grey sky for sunshine and bright blue, I know it will be a long time before I ever get to come back, so I'm trying to soak it all in (and with the rain storms we've had this week, "soaking" in isn't too hard).
Teaching Primary was fun, as usual, but two of my favorite little girls moved to California this week and it was sad not having them there. The twins in my class had just gotten back from a trip to Disney Land (in Europe) and had enough energy to count for 4 kids. My lesson went well, but I did have to fight for attention a bit more than usual. Testimony meeting was suprisingly good - I expected some interesting testimonies (some of these people have very interesting personalities so I just assumed...) but they were all really sincire and uplifting. I haven't gotten to know many of the adults in the ward since I'm always in Primary, but hearing their testimonies made me wish I could have a conversation with some of these sweet members of the church.
Tonight I got to watch "Miss Potter" with some students. It was really fun because we were in the area where Beatrix Potter's "Hilltop Farm" in the Lake District (it was closed so we couldn't visit). I had a new appreciation for the film after studying the Victorian era and women writers in my English class here. She really was a phenomenal lady. Then I got to talk to Laurn for the first time (wahoo!) and my little brothers and sisters and Bret, so it was a wonderful way to end a very good Sunday.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment