After classes I walked to a small, two-room library down the street, but after being there about an hour and a half, they kicked me out for a meeting that was being held. They also told me I wasn't allowed to use a laptop there because if I plugged it into the wall and it blew up they couldn't be liable....??? What?! Are you kidding me? That's the most ridiculous thing! But I smiled and apologized for not knowing and walked back to the center where there are always people all over the place and its nearly impossible to find a place to sit quitely and work. However, I sat on the floor in the Lounge facing the corner so I wouldn't get distracted, put my headphones in (although I don't think I ever remembered to turn music on) and kept writing. I got about half-way done before dinner and planned on finnishing it after dinner, but Dr. Paul and a student were going to see "The Sound of Music" so I decided to go along.

"Sound of Music" was... disappointing? I hate saying that because its such a classic that I feel like I shouldn't have been very critical, but I just wasn't impressed. The voices were ho-hum, the acting was mediocre, and the choreography was cheesy. The set was nice and the costumes were good, but really, it just wasn't Broadway quality. I'm still glad I went - I love the music and the story, but I wished I had another actor/dancer/singer/musical freak there to critique it with me. I didn't want to be negative when others asked for my opinion, but really, it was bad.
So that was the exciting part of my night. Then I got home and stayed up till 2:00 finishing my English paper. It's not very good yet - I still need to revise it, but I'm so glad to have it out on paper. School... sigh. But I can't complain 'cause I'm in London for Heaven's sake.
No comments:
Post a Comment