Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Day 48:

Today was one of those days full of ups and downs that felt long and short at the same time. But at 10:59, as I sit here in my bedroom, I feel happy about life, and that's all that really matters.

I woke up early to go running and it was pouring rain outside so I did some pilates instead. Then I went down to start some laundry and realized it had stopped raining so after starting it I went out for a short run. Of course as soon as I was down the street it started raining again, but at least it didn't downpour until I was in the home-stretch.

After breakfast duty, laundry, and a shower I had my last two classes of the semester, both of which were really good. Unfortunately a damper was put on this good mood when I got my past two Poly Sci papers back - the ones I worked SO hard on and revised over and over - and found that I didn't get a better score than last time - they were still in the A- range, which is fine, but it was just really disappointing after all my effort. I don't know if there's any hope of getting an A in that class now.

Well, I tried to cheer up for a study review for Women's Question, but reviewing for that class is always pretty frustrating. As soon as my brain was set free, I had to run down and do the lunch dishes since I wouldn't be there to help with dinner crew. This is where the day shapes up again...



A member from the Wandsworth Commons ward invited us to dinner. None of us really knew her, but I had her cute daughter Tara in my primary class. She is from Uganda and moved here as a refugee from Rawanda (where she is technically from but didn't live there for long). She joined the church just less than a year ago and is such a strong member. I just came to lover her. She was so generous and you could see how happy it made her to be serving us. It wasn't awkward to be in her home and she was easy-going and fun to carry on conversations with. Besides that, Tara was on cloud nine to have 3 older girls there to play with her. I wasn't looking forward to going tonight - I felt like I needed to stay home and study, but I am so grateful that we had this opportunity! It is something I will never forget.

Well, all my homework and final papers have been submitted. Now its just studying. I made some charts today that I can fill in tomorrow as a study guide. I'm not looking forward to studying, but I am looking forward to being done with finals. I'll just keep one eye on the horizon and buckle down tomorrow. As for tonight: Bed at 11:30! That's a record!

No comments: