Today was my last Sunday here! My last time at the Wandsworth Commons ward. My last day teaching the darling Primary kids. It was a little bittersweet, but I have to be honest, it was more sweet than bitter. I'm going to miss these people and miss England in general, but I'm getting so excited for home. During Sacrament meeting my little primary friend Poppy came and sat by me and we played little hand games to keep her quiet. I kept thinking, next week this will be Carly giving me a hand massage :) My primary lesson went really well today. It was on kindness and the Good Samaritan. The last few weeks we have acted out the scripture story and it's worked well, but today I decided to color pictures to use to tell the story. It went well, but two minutes later Poppy burst out, "Are we going to act it out now? Please!" Well, I figured if they wanted to keep talking about the Good Samaritan that was better than coloring pictures at the end of class so I let them, and then they wanted to do it again so they could be other parts. It was fun to see how excited they get to participate. I hope that even though it was just a fun activity for them they will remember the story a little better now. I think they will - they're smart kids. Also, this cute kid, Bemnet, got to be in my class today because his teacher was gone. We bonded at a much and mingle a few weeks ago and it was so fun to have him in class- he's a little ball of personality. Ok- last thing about Primary... best quote of the day. During sharing time Marta (the wonderful Scottish woman who teaches the singing, etc) was asking the kids about what gives us that good, warm feeling inside and Julian was in a particularly goofy mood and for some reason he shouted (in his little English accent), "I know, they're gospel-teaching, man-eating sharks!" I guess you had to be there, but all the teachers got a good laugh.
Megan and the Seth, the bishop's boy
Dinner crew isn't so bad, but it does take up a significant chunk of time. Because we don't have Saturday dinner or Sunday breakfast together, the dishes get used for leftovers and sandwhiches but don't get washed so they pile up and make Sunday dinner cleaning a mess. I decided to go down and do dishes for about an hour and a half on Sunday afternoon. It was actually kind of nice to be down by myself in the kitchen, but it did drive me nuts later that night when the dinner crew was complaining about doing dishes. I wanted to say "Good thing I did and hours' worth of dishes earlier or you'd REALLY be hating it!" The good news is that Terri made this delicious creamy, cheesy cabbage soup. I need to get the recipe.
Tonight we had a testimony meeting for devotional. It was so great and was really spiritually filling, although I have to admit that by the end I felt like I'd had a minor flashback of Rough Camp. Lots of tears, lots of hands-fanning-faces, lots of wiping mascara from under eyes. I think they guys were a little overwhelmed, but all that aside, it was a sweet experience to hear everyone bear testimony of the Savior and the gratitude they had for the things they've learned on this wonderful experience in London.
Dinner crew isn't so bad, but it does take up a significant chunk of time. Because we don't have Saturday dinner or Sunday breakfast together, the dishes get used for leftovers and sandwhiches but don't get washed so they pile up and make Sunday dinner cleaning a mess. I decided to go down and do dishes for about an hour and a half on Sunday afternoon. It was actually kind of nice to be down by myself in the kitchen, but it did drive me nuts later that night when the dinner crew was complaining about doing dishes. I wanted to say "Good thing I did and hours' worth of dishes earlier or you'd REALLY be hating it!" The good news is that Terri made this delicious creamy, cheesy cabbage soup. I need to get the recipe.
Tonight we had a testimony meeting for devotional. It was so great and was really spiritually filling, although I have to admit that by the end I felt like I'd had a minor flashback of Rough Camp. Lots of tears, lots of hands-fanning-faces, lots of wiping mascara from under eyes. I think they guys were a little overwhelmed, but all that aside, it was a sweet experience to hear everyone bear testimony of the Savior and the gratitude they had for the things they've learned on this wonderful experience in London.
No comments:
Post a Comment