Yesterday was characterized by stress. Some good stress, some bad stress, but stress none-the-less. We went to Westminster Abbey in the morning as a group, although we got very split up inside. It was impossible to stay together. There were SWARMS of people and with all of them and all the statues, I felt very claustrophobic. It was neat though. After taking my classes here I felt like I recognized a lot more names of people buried there, especially in Poet's Corner. I really liked seeing the statue/grave for William Wilberforce, the man in "Amazing Grace" who was the member of Parliament who pushed for the emancipation of slaves in Great Britain. He's one of my new heroes, so it was cool to see his grave there.
Next, Mallory and I went to Primark for our (my) final visit. Ok, it was only my second time, but twice is enough. Crowds, crowds, crowds. Out of control. But I found some fun stuff. The worst part was spending an hour in lines. First line: I had the wrong size in something. Second line: told me I had to go to Customer Service. Third line: barely moving and super-hot.
The rest of the night was spent studying my brains out. Mallory and I took a dinner break and split a yummy Margherita pizza at a place on Bayswater, then got right back to studying. I finally quit around 2:00 and then woke up at 6:15 this morning to study again.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment