Saturday, July 19, 2008

Day 23:

This has been such a fabulous day. It got off to a little bit of a rocky start. We had classes and I was frustrated again with my Women's Question class. But I decided to go for a run afterwards to blow off some steam and it ended up being great. The weather was perfect and I ran through some more residential streets and then found this fun area with lots of shops. There was particularly this one jewelry shop that caught my eye and I went in for a look around. The lady in there was so sweet and the jewelry was beautiful - lots of nice glass-beaded stuff. (I came back later that day for a pair of pearl earrings.) Then I ran back to Kensington Palace and weaved through the park for longer than I meant to. When I got home there was no one in our room which is unheard of, so I enjoyed some time to myself and as dumb as this sounds, I spent almost an hour doing pilates and stretching. It felt so good! The rest of the afternoon was pretty quiet too. I finally got a hold of my mom on Skype and I did some of my take-home mid-term for Political Science.
After dinner I went to see Pygmalion. It's just like the movie "My Fair Lady" but without the singing (which was rather unfortunate). I liked it a lot. The girl who played Eliza was beautiful and I thought the acting in general was really great quality. It was interesting to watch in light of the women's question class and see the applications. We had a lot of fun and, as usual, we ended the night with a delicious McFlurry.

No comments: