

After this tour we walked down the street to Wesminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament where we went on our shortest (and one of the most exciting) walks. Then I went home for lunch and homework... effective homework! I also took a quick nap before dinner - why don't I take naps more often?!

Big Ben

A beautiful path along the Thames, right behind the Houses of Parliament

Crossing Lambeth Bridge through a blustery wind (Houses of Parliament in the background)
Westminster Abbey
Houses of Parliament (this photo doesn't do justice to the incredible detail work that covers the building, which was at one point a palace)
Tonight I saw Les Miserables at Queen's Theatre. I loved it every bit as much as when I saw it in London 2 years ago. (Megan would be proud to know that I didn't cry quite as much this time around). That will always be one of favorite musicals, if not the favorite. Mallory and I met up with Dave Bennion (my friend from my University Villa ward) and his friends who are on a touring study abroad and are leaving London tomorrow. Allison Smith (a friend from high school) happened to be on the study abroad and it was so fun to catch up with her. The play itself was remarkable. I don't even know how to comment on it. Let me just end with lines from the last song: 
"Will you join in our crusade? Who will be strong and stand with me? Somewhere beyond the barricade is there a world you long to see? Do you hear the people sing? Say, can you hear the distant drum? There is a night about to start when tomorrow comes."
Doesn't that just inspire you? Ahh... what a wonderful night!
No comments:
Post a Comment