Sunday, July 27, 2008

Day 32:

Sundays are usually the best days of the week, but I have to confess, my Sabbath didn't get off to the best start. I remembered last night on our way to the ballet that I had been asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting. I've been thinking about my topic for a while, but with the business of our North trip, I somehow forgot to put it all together until last night. And to make matters worse, my topic was SEMINARY. How do you give a 10 minute talk on seminary, especially when it's been two years since that ended and when seminary here in London involves meeting one night a week (and that's IF Seminary is going WELL). So... I fleshed out an outline of what to talk about, emphasizing the three most important things I learned in seminary and trying to apply them to how we can all get these same lessons from participation in whatever church opportunities we have. It went ok. I usually type my talks out word for word (even if I don't end up reading it) but based on my lack of time and my topic, I decided to do what most people do and just have an outline with scriptures and quotes and ideas to talk about. Bad Idea! It made me feel so unprepared and the words just didn't come how I wanted them to. My firends kept reassuring me that it was fine, but to be honest, I felt awful about it and was completely embarassed. I guess I just know I could have done better.

The good news is that Primary was great. My lesson went really well. The kids are so willing to participate if I can find a way to channel their energy. We acted out the story of the Prodigal Son today and it went so well. They wanted to do it twice so they could have different parts! I am truly loving my calling and just can't get enough of the sweet (and crazy) kids in the ward.

Tonight we had a devotional at the center that is exactly what I needed. All we did was take turns choosing hymns and sharing why that particular hymn is meaningful to us. Music has such a power to draw in the spirit. I felt so renewed and so close to my Savior. It was the perfect way to bring the spirit into my day that got off to a very stressful start. I am so grateful for our Heavenly Father and for his patience and love. We are so blessed to be members of this church.

No comments: