Today has been really nice. Church, nap, FOOD!, reading, blog, talk to Bret, sleep. Well, ok, the last two haven't happened yet, but I am really looking forward to both (especially talking to Bret).
Church was a little interesting today. I prepared a primary lesson... worried over it... made sure I had ideas on how to keep them involved and attentive the whole time... and then found out when I got there that all meetings had been canceled so the ward could watch the last session of April's General Conference. That's ok, I don't have to prepare a lesson for next week now.
Watching conference was interesting. The DVD cut out half way through the first talk and so we sat there in dark and silence for a good 20 minutes while they tried to fix it. They found another copy of Elder Holland's talk, but they couldn't find a way to show Elder Bednar's so they just had a missionary read it from the Ensign. Very different from anything we've had in Utah. This whole stake though is very different. The spirit is just as strong, but the organization and leadership are just not as set and strong as in our wards, mostly because the vast majority of members are new.
Sacrament meeting was really good. This recently married girl named Lindsey gave the talk. It was so heartfelt, doctrinally sound, and inspiring. I could just feel her spirit radiating so strongly. She is someone I feel I can look up to without really knowing at all.
There's not much to tell about the rest of the day. Dinner was fabulous, especially because I was ravenously hungry (there was no food for breakfast, so I had to resort to eating the only thing I owned in the cupboards - some candy/cookies called "Digestives" - good but not substantial). After dinner a film crew showed up from BYU TV. They're doing some series on the development of the church in England and we were just some side-stop or something, but he filmed us studying in the hall. Who knows, maybe I'll be on KBYU twice this year. Hooty-Hoo!
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment