Monday, July 28, 2008

Day 33:

What a WICKED day! We finally got back into the swing of regular classes which served as a reality check. I got to skype with mom after class, though, which was so nice. I buckled down and wrote two papers. Then to take a break I had a nice run through Holland Park. I'd never been there before but its not far at all and I had a great time exploring it. The weather has been super humid and warm this week. We're all compaining cause its hot and sticky inside without any AC, but I think its actually a nice change from the clouds. It actually doesn't feel al that bad when you're outside cause there's usually a little breeze. It is rather muggy though.

But for the exciting part of the day... I finally saw "Wicked"!!! That was #2 most important on my list of things to do in London (after seeing "Les Miserables"). Wow. I can see why everyone raves about it. I have to admit, it was a little funky to hear the songs I know so well sung by different voices, particularly voices with British accents, but I got used to the change and loved it.

And funny story of the day: we saw Emma Watson (the actress who plays Hermione in Harry Potter) at the box office. She was behind us in line with her (I'm assuming) boyfriend and when I saw her I immediately thought she was someone I recognized from the Winner School. I really contemplated asking her if she knew Megan, but as I was trying to decide, I heard her boyfriend speak with an accent. That made me second guess, but I was still convinced there was a good chance our paths had crossed and I just had this feeling it was dance-related. But then we had our tickets and were ushered out of the way. As soon as we got outside, the girls I was with burst into chatter about seeing Emma Watson (I didn't know who that was). I finally figured out they were talking about Hermione. Let me tell you, I was SO relieved that I didn't play the "how do I know you" game. Can you imagine how ridiculous that would have been?! Good times.

No comments: