Today was another day of classes. After that, Kourtney, Karly, Alexandra, Sarah and I went on the Chelsea (aka Superstar) walk. It took us through the burough of Chelsea which is a really fun area... residential, but really urban, with lots of fun shops. Plus, the weather today was super-nice (I didn't need a sweatshirt!!!).

The Michelin House - Home to the official Michelin Man! It used to serve as an office and also a drive-in "tyre"-fitting garage. Now there's a restaurant and an amazing interior design store. Good thing I don't have money or room in my suitcase to buy furniature, otherwise I would have!

This street, Royal Avenue, was the address given to James Bond. Which house? My guess is #007... maybe?

This is where Bram Stoker, who wrote Dracula lived (I think). But really, I just took the picture because of the cute red door and vines. If I couldn't live in a mansion house next to Hyde Park or out in the country, I might go for something like this.

We got caught walking behind these two cute girls. They would whisper together, then run in front of their moms and block the strollers, put their hand out and say, "Ticket, please." The charm of the British accent is wearing off, except when little kids talk with it.
The only fitting title for this picture comes from "School of Rock" and applies to me especially: Oh no, you're NOT hard core!

Just a cool statue I really liked. It's called "Boy and the Dolphin" by David Wynne.
This was inside the Chelsea Old Church. It was one of my favorite churches - it just felt less cold and stoic. These flowers were left-overs from a wedding held there a few days ago (we asked). Maybe that helped the atmosphere too.
After dinner I went with Mallory and some others to try and get tickets to the "Marraige of Figaro" by the Royal Opera. Apparently the info Mallory got was a bit mixed up because they weren't even doing that performance tonight. Since we were all dressed up, we decided to wander and see if there were any nearby theatres with last-minute tickets. We ended up getting standing tickets to "Lion King" for 13 pounds - it's nearly impossible to get seats, ever. It was such a great performance. I have to admit, I wasn't quite as wowed as when I saw it in New York a few years ago, but it was "brilliant" nonetheless. Annie, Mallory, Becky and I were really happy we decided to go.

Possibly the most disappointing piece of cheesecake EVER. I made everyone help me eat it (and I never share cheesecake) and finally threw the rest away. How sad.

We were glad we could get tickets to see Lion King.
Me, Mallory, Annie, and Becky

No comments:
Post a Comment